DGC OPEN COMPETITIONS
Coronavirus Update – 14th May 2020
Although we do not yet know when we will be able to play golf, the committee would like to assure our members that we have been putting plans in place to ensure golf can be played as safely as possible, as and when we are allowed to resume play.
At the moment our working assumption is that golf will only be played socially at first with competitions following soon after. A revised fixture list has been written that will allow us to complete most of our club competitions this season.
The following competitions have however been cancelled for this season: Gordon Shield, Mixed open, Ladies tri-am, all team games, all team competitions (including Texas Scrambles) and the 2 ball and 4 ball.
There will be a qualifier this year for the Shanghai Cup. It is our intention to hold this qualifier on 27th of June, with the top 64 qualifying.
Once we are told we can resume, members will have to book social golf through BRS. We will be limiting groups to 2 players maximum. Interval times will be 10 minutes and bookings will be open on Friday 8 days before play. As this severely limits the number of available tee times, guests and visitors will not be allowed to play.
There is also a possibility that we will have to restrict the number of times a member is able to play in a week.
All competition bookings will be made through HOWDIDIDO as there will not be access to the computer in the clubhouse for the foreseeable future. Again as tee times will be greatly reduced bookings will be open at 6pm on Friday 8 days before the Saturday medal. Bookings will start at 6.30am to 5.30pm. Any member unable to use HOWDIDIDO can contact a member of the Match and Handicap committee and we will make their booking.
For the foreseeable future some temporary rules and restrictions will be in place.
- We recommend that all members who are able should remove their equipment from the clubhouse until such time as social distancing is no longer in place. This will limit the number of members requiring to access the locker room.
- Members should arrive no earlier than 15 mins before their tee off time and should leave immediately after completing their round.
- The locker room will be limited to 2 members at a time. It is our intention that a member should only enter the locker room immediately prior to their allocated tee-off time. Hand sanitiser will be available at locker room door and must be used on entry and exit.
- The putting green will also be limited to 2 members at a time; again preference should be given to the next members to tee off.
- Rakes will be removed from bunkers. Players are permitted to place the ball in the bunker without penalty. After playing their shot members should attempt to smooth out sand as best as possible.
- Do not touch the flag stick where possible. The flag MUST stay in the cup at all times.
- The cups will be upside down.
- Any putt that jumps out of hole as a result of the abnormal cup will be classed as holed.
- A ball that comes to rest within 14 inches of the hole will be classed as a gimmie in all competitions. 14 inches is roughly the length of a putter grip.
- Players must complete their own cards. These do not need to be signed.
- Please observe social distancing at all times.
All of these rules will be removed as soon as restrictions are lifted.
As mentioned in previous e-mails, members whose personal or financial circumstances impact on their ability pay their membership should contact Margaret on e-mail email@example.com This communication will be confidential. Anyone who has not yet paid their membership, and hasn’t reached out to the management committee, will be unable to use the golf course.
Please stay safe, we hope to see you all soon.
The Match & Handicap Committee