World Handicap System at DGC
WORLD HANDICAP SYSTEM OVERVIEW
The new world handicap system (WHS) has been created to allow golfers around the world to use 1 handicap system for all.
It takes into consideration players abilities and course difficulty in a unified approach.
Unlike before where your handicap would be based on your competition scores the WHS encourages social golf outwith competitions and for you to submit as many scores as you can to help make your handicap more accurate.
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO BEFORE PLAYING GOLF
1) DECIDE – DO I WANT MY SCORE TO BE COUNTED TOWARDS MY HANDICAP?
if yes then you must sign in to supplementary scores (social golf) on how did i do or on the clubhouse computer in the hallway
This means you can submit scores outwith competitions so long as your round is marked by your playing partner
2) KNOW YOUR HANDICAP INDEX
• Download and register with the Scottish Golf App (Full instructions here)
○ You will need your CDH number which can be found in your how did I do account https://www.howdidido.com/Handicaps (click on the certificate tab)
○ Or contact the club (the CDH number is on your Handicap certificate)
3) LOOK UP YOUR COURSE HANDICAP by referring to the course handicap chart (click here) This will also be available down at the golf club.
• On the course handicap chart, choose which tees you will be playing from, locate your handicap index to find your course Handicap next to it
This is based on the official course and slope ratings here at Dumbarton Golf Club
4) PLAY GOLF – Enjoy your round
5) SUBMIT YOUR SCORE
submit your score into supplementary scores (social golf) on how did i do or on the clubhouse computer in the hallway
The software will work everything out and adjust your handicap accordingly
HANDICAP ALLOWANCES FOR COMPETITION FORMATS
Competition formats such as strokeplay, stableford, fourballs etc will have a new set of handicap allowances – more details to follow.
More information can be found here
If you have any questions or feedback regarding the World handicap system, please submit your questions below and we will compile the questions and try and answer them in future updates.